Tragedy: Two Undergraduates in Ekiti State Killed by Tipper Lorry
Tragedy struck yesterday in Okesa area of Ado Ekiti, the Ekiti State capital as two undergraduates who were riding on a motorcycle were killed by a Tipper lorry.
The victims, who hailed from Emure Ekiti, were identified as Ebenezer Ayoade, a final year Marketing student of the Federal Polytechnic, Ado Ekiti, while Ajayi Kayode was a 200 Level Psychology student of the Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti.
They were said to have met their untimely death at the front of the Okesa Police Station in the state capital, causing panic among residents of the area.
The two young men, according to an eyewitness, while on high speed, rammed into the long queue of vehicles on the road noted for traffic gridlock.
The lorry, marked Abuja XN 367 ABJ, reportedly ran over them as they tried to manoeuvre their way.
The incident drew the attention of large number of sympathisers who wailed uncontrollably.
Driver of the lorry was immediately arrested and taken to Okesa Police Station.
- 5 Students of Federal College of Education in Ogun State Killed in Road Accident
- Samsung to Set up Engineering Academy in Ekiti State
- Ekiti State University to Introduce Photographs, Other Security Features on Certificates
- Ekiti State Partners Keystone Bank on Development
- Ekiti Presents N98 Billion 2012 Budget