Covenant University to Recall 120 Expelled Students
After so many criticisms and appeals on the expulsion of over 120 students from Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State for not attending a university assembly, the Management of the institution led by Bishop David Oyedepo has agreed to reduce their punishment to 4 weeks suspension.
DailyPost gathered that several groups including parents, lawyers and National Human Rights Commission are part of those that appealed to the management of the school for a rethink on the judgement slammed on the students.
Sources say the students are expected to resume back to school later this month or early February.
It would be recalled that the Bishop, David Oyedepo privately owned university is known for its strict rules and discipline, and expelled the student last year for not attending an assembly.
- Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students Over Varied Misconduct Offences
- Covenant University Campus Opened in CrossRiver
- Covenant University Allegedly Expels 200 Students for Not Attending Church Service and Misconduct
- 88 Students Graduate with First Class from Covenant University
- Final Year Lesbian Student Expelled From Covenant University