BREAKING!!: Kaduna Governor Patrick Yakowa, Former NSA Die in Plane Crash
It’s a black Saturday in Nigeria as a helicopter carrying the governor of Kaduna State, Patrick Yakowa and former National Security Adviser, Gen. Andrew Owoeye Azazi and several aides crashed in Bayelsa State.
Bayelsa police spokesman Fidelis Odunna confirmed a helicopter had crashed in Ogbia Creek but gave no details of who was on board or any casualties.
An aide to Yakowa who asked not to be named said Yakowa had been killed in the crash.
They were attending the burial of the father of the Special Assistant to President Goodluck Jonathan on Research, Documentation and Strategy, Oronto Douglas.
Security and Aviation sources say Governor Yakowa and Gen Azazi have been confirmed dead. Another source said there are no survivors.
- Taraba Governor Involved in Plane Crash, in Critical Condition at Hospital in Yola
- 2 Die in Kaduna Plane Crash
- Dana Air Crash: Investigations Reveal Engine Failure as Cause of Crash
- Dana Air Crash: Patience Jonathan Denies Being The Cause Of Dana Plane Crash
- Nations Mourns as DIG Haruna John Others Die in Jos, Plateau State in an Helicopter Crash