University of Benin Hand Over 143 Students to Police for Certificate Forgery
Management of the University of Benin, on Wednesday said it had handed over to the police 143 of its students for certificate forgery.
The students, according to a statement by the institution’s Public Relations Officer, Harrison Osarenren, are students of the faculties of Social Sciences, Engineering, Management Sciences and Life Sciences.
Vice-Chancellor, of the institution, Prof. Osayuki Oshodin, said some of the students were arrested during the second semester examinations.
He said, “We arrested some persons who engaged in certificate racketeering and we are going to flush out any member of staff involved in these illegal activities.
“Some of the students involved in this fake admission, have been arrested and are with the police now. We cannot tolerate illegalities in this university and we appeal to parents to monitor their children to ensure that they are not involved in such a vice.”
He further raised the alarm over havoc wreaked by erosion in the university and appealed to the Federal Government to assist the institution.
According to the PRO, four houses in the staff quarters have been submerged, forcing the relocation of their occupants.
- Punch News
- New Federal University, Oye-Ekiti Admit 400 Pioneer Students
- WAEC to Testify in Rep’s Certificate Forgery Case
- Enugu State University Expels 544 Students over Illegal Admission
- Rivers, Jigawa States Evacuate 80 Students from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria Over Boko Haram Voilence
- Final Year Medical Student Killed in University of Benin