University of Abuja ASUU Expels Seven Members
The Academic Staff Union (ASUU), University of Abuja has expelled seven suspended members of the Union for anti-Union activities.
A statement signed by the Chairman of the Union, Dr Clement Chup, made available to Daily Trust yesterday, said that “the National executive council (NEC) of the Union at its meeting of 5th to 7th October at the Cross Rivers University of Technology (CRUTECH) endorsed the expulsion of the seven.”
The expelled members include: Dr Yau M. Damagun of the Accounting Department, Dr Peter B. Maidoki of the Department of Public Administration, and Dr Sule Magagi of the Economic Department.
Others are, Dr Buba A. Abdul of Physics Department, Dr A.B.C Orji of the Science and Environment Education Department, Dr Hauwa Imam of Department of Education Management, and Professor Alphonsus Iketuonye of the Department of Science and Counseling Education.
The ASUU chairman said the Union had resolved after its Abuja Congress of 27th September, 2012 that the seven members who were among thirteen earlier suspended members were to be expelled from the Union, because of their refusal to discontinue anti-union activities.
- Ahmadu Bello University ASUU Get N150 Million Loan to Buy Land for Members
- Tussle Over VC Post in Rivers State University; ASUU Chairman Assaulted
- ASUU Condemns Re Appointment of Rivers State University VC
- Adekunle Ajasin University ASUU Debunk Rumours of Strike
- Rivers State University of Science & Tech ASUU Strike Cripples Academic Activities