Three Unions of D.S.Adegbenro ICT Polytechnic Embark on Strike Over Unpaid Arrears
THREE unions at the Ogun State government-owned D. S. Adegbenro ICT Polytechnic, Itori, have commenced another industrial action to protest alleged lack of teaching aids and failure to pay salaries of the workers.
The Unions — the Academic Staff of Polytechnic, ASUP; Senior Staff Association of Nigeria Polytechnic, SSANIP, and the Non-Academic Staff union of Educational and Associated Institutions, NASU, said the strike would not be suspended like the previous ones until their demands were met by the management.
The unions said the resumption of the strike became imperative “because facilities that will ordinarily aid teaching and learning, particularly in an ICT-based institution like ours are non-existent.”
- University Unions to Go on Strike From November 30
- NASU on Strike at Obafemi Awolowo University
- Katsina Tertiary Institutions Suspend Strike Action
- Workers of Nasarawa Tertiary Institutions Embark on Strike
- Osun State Polytechnic Academic Staff Union Protest Salary Deductions