100 Corps Members in Abuja Undergo Entrepreneurship Skills Training
About 100 corps members serving in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) have undergone training in entrepreneurship skills.
Speaking at the opening of the programme, special adviser to the president on special duties and social development, Mrs Sarah Pane, represented by Mr Sylvanus Danlele, said her office was committed to the empowerment of youths so that they can be self reliant.
He said the participants are the second batch to benefit from the course this year, adding that the corps members learnt a lot of skills.
The event was organised by Discovery Cycle in collaboration with the special adviser’s office.
Commenting on the event, Director-General of National Youths Service Corps, represented by assistant director in charge of skills acquisition, Mrs Ifeoma Anidobe, said the scheme is meant to build the capacities of corps members.
Two participants at the programme, Nkechi Nkwocha and Daniel Abioye described the event as beneficial. They appealed for the programme to be expanded to accommodate more corps members across the country.
- NYSC Batch B 2012 Swearing-in: Jigawa Governor Assures Corps Members on Their Safety
- Corps Members in Plateau Protest Refusal of NYSC to Repost Them
- 2012 Batch A Corps Members Unhappy With FG’s New Posting Policy
- Lagos House of Assembly Protest Posting of Corpers to Some Northern States
- FG Rewards 52 Outstanding NYSC Members With Automatic Employment and Scholarship