Osun Gov Approve N216 Million Bursary for 20,215 Final Students of Osun Origin in 74 Tertiary Institutions
THE Osun State governor, Mr Rauf Aregbesola, has approved the sum of N216, 334,000 for 20, 215 final year students who are indegenes of Osun State in 74 tertiary institutions all over the country.
This was contained in a release issued by the office of the the state deputy governor and Commissioner for Education, signed by the Special Assistant on Media and Public Relations, Mr Gboyega Labiran.
It will be recalled that N2,000 used to be paid as bursary to final year students in colleges of education, N3,000 to all undergraduates and N10,000 to law students and their counterparts in colleges of medicine.
According to the release, henceforth, bursary per year per student in tertiary institutions is now N10,000 flat, irrespective of the student’s course of study, while N20,000 would be paid to final year students of law and medicine.
This move by the government of the state government is in compliance with one of the six-point integral action plan that focuses on the provision of functional education.
- Imo Governor Declares Free Tertiary Education for Indigenes, Announces Students Loan Scheme
- Tertiary Education Trust Fund Approves N3 billion Research Fund for Tertiary Institutions
- Credit in Igbo Language Compulsory for Admission into Imo Tertiary Institutions – Imo Govt
- Workers of Nasarawa Tertiary Institutions Embark on Strike
- Sokoto Govt Earmark N1 billion for Allowances to Foreign Students of Sokoto Origin