National Sports Commission Starts Repair Work on Abuja Stadium
Following the released images of weed infested pitch of the National Stadium Abuja on social media; the National Sports Commission has announced plans to install a culture of regular maintenance of all sports facilities in the country.
Speaking exclusively to Channels Television in Abuja, the Special Assistant on media to the Minister of Sports and chairman National Sports Commission, Mr Julius Ogunro stated that the on-going rehabilitation work that has commenced at the Abuja National Stadium is in line with this new resolve.
Mr Ogunro said the rehabilitation work being carried out on the main pitch of the Abuja national stadium will be extended to all parts of the stadium and other sporting facilities outside the Federal Capital Territory.
He further said that the Minister of Sports, Bolaji Abdullahi has expressed unhappiness over the state of the stadium and others under the management of the National Sports Commission.
The aide further revealed that the Ministry has put measures in place to ensure that all facilities are maintained regularly.
- National Sports Festival Kicks Off in Port Harcourt
- President Jonathan Sacks Minister for Sports Over Political Ambition
- Sports Minister Congratulates D’Tigers for Qualifying for Olympics
- National University Commission Accredit 30 National Open University Programmes
- NSC Installs Anti-bomb Devices in 6 Stadia