National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) 2012 / 2013 Scholarship Scheme for Nigerians
– Federal Ministry of Communication Technology
The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) under the Federal Ministry of Communication Technology, with its mandate of transforming Nigeria into an IT driven economy for global competitiveness and the dire need to bridge the digital divide has in 2010 established a Scholarship Scheme for Masters (MSc) and Doctorate (PhD) Degrees in relevant areas of Information Technology (IT) obtainable in Nigerian or Foreign/ Overseas Universities.
The scholarship award is strictly based on merit and covers equally the six geo-political zones for PhD and the 36 States and FCT for M.sc.
The Masters programme will run for one year while the Doctorate programme is expected to run for three years.
- PhD: All citizens of Nigeria with MSc in any Information Technology related field are eligible for sponsorship.
- MSc. All citizens of Nigeria with First Class or Second Class (Upper) Honours Bachelor’s Degree, (B.Sc) in Information Technology related field.
The registration period is from now till 24th October, 2012
Method of Application
All eligible candidates that are interested should log on to: scholarship.nitda.gov.ng
A comprehensive Aptitude Test will be conducted to determine successful candidates for the award. Only candidates who are found eligible will be invited.
- 2012 First Edition Presidential Special Scholarship Scheme for Innovation and Development(PRESSID)
- Scholarship Opportunities in Nigeria: 2012 Australian Development Scholarships for Nigerian Students
- Federal University of Technology (FUT), Minna 2012/2013 Post UTME Screening Information
- 2011/2012 NNPC/Chevron JV National University Scholarship Awards
- PTDF 2012 Overseas Scholarship Scheme (OSS)