Female Students of CRUTECH Protest Alleged Sexual Harassment and Extortion by Staff
Students of Cross River University of Technology (CRUTECH), protested over alleged sexual harassment of female students, molestation and extortion by some staffs of the institution.
The students, numbering about 2,000, blocked traffic at eleven-eleven bus stop on their way to the government house, Calabar to register their grievances.
Some of the placards carried by the students had inscriptions such as, ‘sexual harassment of female students,’ female molestation,’ extortion of money from students,’ ‘No better CRUTECH, no better lecture hall,’
CRUTECH students Union president, Mr Ekong Eka accused the state government of neglecting students of the university, adding that two months ago, some group of people came to the school to tell them that government wanted to pay them bursary.
- Institute Sacks Lecturer Over Alleged Sexual Harassment – IMT
- Imo Poly Warns Lecturers Against Extortion
- Ogun State Govt Scraps Tai Solarin University, Merges 4 ICT Institutions as Students Protest
- Tai Solarin University Students Threaten to Protest Over Conversion of University
- University of Abuja Students On Protest Over Suspension of Courses, Block Highway