ESUT Sack 8 Staff Members Over Academic Fraud
EIGHT staff of the Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT) found to be involved in illegal admission of students have been sacked.
Six of the indicted staff including a senior lecturer were found to have been responsible for the illegal admission of over 500 students who were expelled by ESUT authorities recently. The six staff worked in various departments of the university.
A statement by the Director, Public Relations, Mr. Osita Ugwuoti, said that one of the affected workers was discovered to be engaged in double employment in ESUT and Institute of Management, IMT, earning salaries from both institutions.
He said that another was sacked for mutilating students’ results, sale of degree results as well as other malpractices.
The ESUT Governing Council approved the sack of the affected workers at its 126th regular meeting at the Agbani permanent campus.
- Enugu State University Expels 544 Students over Illegal Admission
- Osun State Polytechnic Academic Staff Union Protest Salary Deductions
- Baze University, Abuja Recruiting Academic Staff (in Computer Science)
- Staff Union of Niger Delta University Threaten Disruption of Academic Activities Over Non-Payment of Arrears
- ESUT Students and Workers Hold Prayers for Abducted Vice Chancellor