Osun Govt to Donate Free Condoms During Osun Osogbo Festival
Osun State Government has promised to donate condoms and conduct free HIV/AIDS tests during the Osun Osogbo Festival grand finale.
Chairperson, Osun Osogbo HIV/AIDS Prevention Committee, Dr Temitope Ilori, said the initiative was aimed at checking the spread of the disease during the festival.
A statement on Tuesday, said the Deputy Governor of the state, Mrs Titi Laoye-Tomori, would open the programme on Wednesday (today).
The statement by the Press Officer of the Ministry of Health, Mr Niyi Kolawole, said “The initiative would halt the spread of the disease and ensure that uninfected people are free of the virus.”
Ilori said any visitor to the Osun Osogbo grove was free to “visit the Osun State HIV/AIDS stands and get free condoms.”
Meanwhile, the Consultant, Osun Osogbo Festival, Chief Ayo Olumoko, has assured visitors that this year’s event will be memorable and hitch-free.
Olumoko spoke at the palace of the Ataoja of Osogbo when some sponsors of the festival visited the Ataoja, Oba Jimoh Oyetunji.
The Ataoja thanked the state government for supporting the festival, stressing that it was capable of changing the face of tourism in the country.
He said, “Osun Osogbo is a world-class festival. We thank the state government for giving immeasurable support for the festival. The dividends of the Rauf Aregbesola administration in tourism and culture shall soon become fruitful for all to see.”
- Provide Condoms or Face Closure – Benue Commissioner for Culture and Tourism Warns Hotels
- Osun Govt Sponsor 98 Students of Osun State University College of Medicine to Ukraine on Scholarship
- Valentine’s Day: NACA calls for Caution
- Osun Govt Increase Corpers’ Monthly Allowance, Purchase Mattresses and Beds for NYSC Camp
- 150,000 Condoms to be Distributed to Athletes at London Olympics