NUC Lifts Suspension on Caritas University
The National Universities Commission (NUC) has lifted its suspension of the Caritas University, Amorji Nike, near Enugu.
In a letter to the university made available to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Friday, the commission said it lifted the suspension following the inspection of the institution by its forensic audit team. The team, led by Prof. Dele Sanni, was in the institution from Monday and delivered the letter at a meeting with its principal officers late on Thursday.
The letter said the team went through the institution’s documents, facilities, personnel and other relevant things before arriving at its conclusion. It, however, advised the institution to give more attention to its staff welfare, especially in the area of promotion.
The team also urged the principal officers to ensure that their staff members registered with pension fund administrators as stipulated by the National Pension Commission.
It also advised the institution to adhere to the NUC hand book for more guideline.
The Vice Chancellor of the institution, Prof. Lawrence Onukwube, had earlier told the team that the school was undergoing sanitisation and gave assurances that it would soon get to the top.
- Daily Trust
- NUC Lifts Suspension on Three Private Universities
- National Universities Commission Lift Suspension on Madonna University
- University of Abuja Students On Protest Over Suspension of Courses, Block Highway
- FG Lifts Suspensions of Courses in University of Abuja, Gives Affected Students Options
- House of Reps Nullify Suspension of Seven Private Universities, NUC Keeps Mum