Kidnapped ESUT Vice Chancellor Released, Found at Igbariam in Anambra State
Exactly nine days after his abduction by unknown gunmen, the Vice Chancellor of the Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT), Prof Cyprian Onyeji breathed the air of freedom shortly before midnight Thursday.
Police sources said that the Vice Chancellor was found around Igbariam in Oyi Local Government Area in Anambra State.
A text message sent by the Police Public Relations Officer of the Enugu Police command, DSP Ebere Amarizu stated: “Sketchy details available has it that the Vice Chancellor was seen around Igbariam axis of Anambra State on 23rd August 2012 at about 2230hrs hale and hearty and has reunited with his family”.
Also, the Public Relations Officer of the university, Ossy Ugwuoti confirmed in a telephone conversation that the vice chancellor has reunited with his family.
Details of the release were still sketchy as at press time.
- Police Begin Investigation Into Kidnap of ESUT Vice Chancellor
- Abductors of ESUT Vice Chancellor Demand N200 Million Ransom
- Breaking News!! ESUT Vice Chancellor Kidnapped, Cultists in Shootout Battle on Main Campus
- Unknown Gunmen Kidnap ESUT Vice Chancellor (More Updates)
- Kidnapped 6-yr-old Girl Yet to be Released