Gunmen Kill University of Benin Teaching Hospital Staff
A staff of the University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH) has been allegedly murdered in Benin City.
Informed police source hinted that Mrs. Elizabeth Osayande of the Personnel Department, UBTH, was shot dead Sunday evening over an alleged minor altercation her son had with a man in front of her private residence in Egor, Benin City.
Her son, a university undergraduate it was reliably learnt, met a man with a motorcycle at the entrance of his home while returning from an errand and requested the man to make way for him to enter his compound. This however, triggered an altercation.
The man said to be unknown to the boy allegedly picked offence and threatened to deal with late Mrs. Osayande’s son as he rode his motorcycle away.
It was further gathered that barely an hour after the argument, the stranger in company of another man re-appeared with the motorcycle and met Mrs. Osayande scooping water from a well in the compound and opened fire on her while the duo sped off.
Her husband, Mr. Ehasuyi Osayande who claimed to be at home during the said incident, described the killing of his wife as tragic.
Confirming the murder, the spokesman, Edo police Command, DSP Anthony Airhuoyo stated that though he was yet to be fully briefed, the assailant would not escape arrest and prosecution.
- The Nigerian Observer
- Final Year Medical Student Killed in University of Benin
- Conversion of LAUTECH Teaching Hospital to New Oyo State University Campus Spark Protests
- Federal Health Workers Strike Cripple Activities at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital
- OAU Teaching Hospital School of Nursing Results are Out
- Gunmen Attack Police Staff College, Injure 2 – in Jos