UNIOSUN Student Wins N300, 000 Scholarships
A 300-level Electrical-Electronics Engineering student of Osun State University, Olamide Olafisoye, has won a scholarship worth N300,000.
The scholarship was inaugurated in honour of the late Pa David Tomori Fapohunda, an Ilesa indigene, who died 50 years ago.
Spokesperson of the David Tomori Fapohunda Foundation, Mr. Okunola Tomori, said N100, 000 would be given to Olafisoye yearly for the next three years.
At a news conference held in Ilesa, on Monday, Tomori lamented that moral decadence had eroded the virtues of honesty, integrity and hard work in Nigeria.
He said, “The scholarship aims at promoting integrity, hard work and honesty. The late David Tomori Fapohunda symbolised honesty, hard work and integrity.
A member of the foundation, Mr Pekun Tomori, explained that the worth of the scholarship would soon be increased to N10 million with more students benefiting.
He said, “The scholarship aims to promote research and learning among indigent students. We shall expand the scope of the scholarship in subsequent editions.
“Nigeria cannot progress if we don’t invest in integrity. When we say no to corruption and uphold truth and honesty, other things shall fall into place.”
- Nigeria Merit Undergraduate Scholarships for Nigerian Students, University of Sheffield, UK 2012
- 2012 Scholarships for African and Nigerian Students: Loughborough University Africa Scholarships
- 2012 Asheshi College and Mastercard Undergraduate University Scholarships
- University of Sheffield Scholarships for students from Nigeria
- The 2012/2013 LNG Undergraduate Scholarships for Nigerian Students