Sokoto NYSC Tightens Security at Orientation Camp
Alhaji Salisu Taura, the Sokoto State Coordinator of the NYSC, said on Wednesday that sufficient security personnel had been deployed to ensure the safety of corps members at the Sokoto orientation camp.
Taura told journalists in Sokoto that additional measures had also been taken to effectively provide security services at the camp.
He said that GSM recharge card hawkers and others had been driven away from the camp as part of the security methods adopted to protect the corps members.
Taura said only recognised food vendors were allowed to operate in the camp while all routes leading to the camp had been barricaded to avert any security breach.
He called on the corps members to be vigilant and report any suspicious character to the nearest security point at the camp for prompt action.
- NYSC 2012 Batch B Swearing-in: Gov Akpabio Promises to Upgrade Facilities at Akwa Ibom NYSC Camp
- NYSC Orders Youth Corpers Posted to Voilent Northern States to Report to Camp Despite Security Challenges
- NYSC Corp Member Gives Birth in Katsina Camp
- When Akpabio Stormed the NYSC Camp at Ikot Itie Udung
- Bauchi Govt Debunk Rumours of Bomb Blast at Bauchi NYSC Camp