Osun Govt Increase Corpers’ Monthly Allowance, Purchase Mattresses and Beds for NYSC Camp
OSUN State Governor Rauf Aregbesola has jerked up the monthly allowance of members of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) posted to the state from N3,500 to N5,000.
Meanwhile, no fewer than 22 rural electrification projects allegedly abandoned in various communities by the immediate past administration have been completed and awaiting commissioning in Osun State.
The Commissioner for Youths, Sports and Special Needs, Mr. Stephen Kola Balogun, who disclosed this, said government has also purchased 600 mattresses and 250 double-bunk beds for the state NYSC Orientation Camp at Ede to reduce the problems facing the corps members in the state.
The projects, which cost N292 million, were executed by Aregbesola’s administration under the community development project scheme.
The Special Adviser to the Governor on Rural and Community Development, Kunle Ige, who disclosed this in Osogbo while fielding questions from reporters, said that Aregbesola has also recently procured another 35 units of transformers to be distributed to rural communities in the state.
- Guardian News
- NYSC 2012 Batch B Swearing-in: Gov Akpabio Promises to Upgrade Facilities at Akwa Ibom NYSC Camp
- NYSC Bow to Pressure, to Redeploy Prospective Corpers Posted to Volatile Northern States
- When Akpabio Stormed the NYSC Camp at Ikot Itie Udung
- NYSC Corp Member Gives Birth in Katsina Camp
- Osun Govt Sponsor 98 Students of Osun State University College of Medicine to Ukraine on Scholarship