Latest FIFA World Rankings: Italy Climb to Sixth, Brazil Down to 11th
Euro 2012 finalists Italy have risen six places in the FIFA World Rankings while Spain have cemented their place at the top of the standings.
Brazil, who are down six spots to 11th, currently sit in their lowest position since the start of the FIFA World Rankings.
Italy are now placed sixth in the rankings after an impressive Euro 2012 campaign which ultimately ended in a 4-0 defeat to Spain in the final.
Spain, meanwhile, made history by securing a third straight international tournament title, and their sustained success has seen them gain 235 points.
Germany are up into second, leapfrogging Uruguay, while England have climbed two spots into fourth, after they reached the quarter-finals at Poland and Ukraine.
Elsewhere, Portugal are up five places into fifth while Netherlands, who failed to earn a point in their Euro 2012 group, are down to eighth.
- Latest FIFA Rankings: Super Eagles Drop to 45th
- FIFA World Ranking 2011 Final List: Super Eagles Still in 43rd Position
- Nigeria’s FIFA Rankings Improve to 60th Spot
- Spain are European Champions, Maul Italy 4-0 in Euro 2012 Championships Final
- FIFA Considers Allowing Fourth Substitution In Football Matches During Extra Time