FG Orders Audit of All Tertiary Institutions in the Country
Federal Government, Thursday, ordered the audit of all tertiary institutions across the country.
Minister of Education, Prof. Ruqayyatu Rufa’i, gave the matching order at the formal presentation and distribution of Postgraduate Benchmark Minimum Academic Standards, PG BMAS, at National Universities Commission, NUC, Abuja.
The minister said the Federal Government will use the documents as a guide to ensure quality in postgraduate education in the country’s universities.
Rufa’i said the Federal Government was fully aware of the situation of postgraduate training and the need to increase access to qualitative postgraduate education in Nigeria.
The PG BMAS documents, which all universities in the country must implement, is to guide the planning of curriculum and teaching of courses in the universities.
Ad: See our latest compilation of Undergraduate and Postgraduate Scholarships for Nigerians in UK and Europe Universities. Click Here for the UK/Europe Scholarship Guide
- FG Approves 51 Universities to Offer Post Graduate Programmes, Releases Benchmark
- FG May Transfer Affected University of Abuja Students to Other Institutions – Education Minister
- Staff of Katsina State Owned Tertiary Institutions Threaten to Go on Strike
- University of Abuja Crisis: FG Orders Council to Sack VC
- Senate Ask Corporate Organisations to Help Fund Higher Institutions in Nigeria