Edo Governorship Elections: Police IGP Change Edo Police Commissioner
The Police High Command changed the guards in Edo State. A new Commissioner of Police, Mr Femi Adenaike was appointed for the State, while the new posting or the fate of the incumbent was not disclosed.
The Guardian learnt that the sudden change was made by the Acting Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Abubakar, who was in Benin, the Edo State capital for a one-day visit yesterday.
Adenaike takes over from Mr Olayinka Balogun, who had hosted the acting IGP earlier in the day. It could not be immediately confirmed if the new posting was just for the governorship election taking place on Saturday, as no reason was given by the Police authorities.
- The Guardian
- INEC Declares PDP Governorship Candidate, Seriacke Dickson Winner in Bayelsa Governorship Elections
- INEC Chairman Pick Poll Officers for Edo Governorship Elections
- INEC Recruits 11,000 Ad hoc Staff for Adamawa Governorship Elections
- Police Quiz Osun Ex-health Commissioner
- Man Killed as Police, Youths Clash in Edo