Aiyegbeni Scores for Chinese Club on Debut
Nigeria striker, Yakubu Aiyegbeni scored on his debut for Chinese side, Guangzhou R&F in Sunday’s derby against Guangzhou Evergrande.
Yakubu’s effort which arrived after 86 minutes proved to be the winner as his side ran away 1-0 victors in the feisty affair.
Yakubu joined the Chinese club from English side, Blackburn Rovers at the end of the 2011/2012 season and has now signalled his intent to hit the ground running at his new base.
SuperSport.com can report that the Yak’s late strike condemned Evergrande, the current leaders, to only their third defeat of the season.
The 29-year-old Nigerian’s feat ensured R&F ended a four-game losing streak.
Yakubu’s side, R&F have now moved up to fifth with the three points after a lean streak in the past month.
- Aiyegbeni Close to Signing with Chinese Super League Club Guangzhou R&F
- United Arab Emirates Club Al Wasl Sack Maradona as Coach
- Chukwu Supports Aiyegbeni’s Planned Return to Eagles
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University Partner With Chinese University on Culture
- Nigeria Immigration Service Deports 25 Chinese Nationals