3 Student Union Leaders from Ondo Killed in Accident on Akure-Owo Road
Three students union leaders from tertiary institutions in Ondo State have been killed in an accident which occurred on Akure-Owo Road.
A truck was said to have rammed into the vehicle the students were traveling in, resulting in the deaths. Some of their colleagues traveling with them in the vehicle survived.
Speaking during a visit to the survivors receiving treatment at the Federal Medical Centre, Owo, Gov Olusegun Mimiko, who rushed down to Akure from Lagos upon hearing of the incident, described it as one accident too many.
While commiserating with the families of the victims and the student body at large, the governor described the deaths as a painful loss and prayed God to give the families the strength to bear the loss. He assured that the state government will ensure that the survivors have access to first class treatment for quick recovery.
Meanwhile, students of the Federal University Technology Akure (FUTA), yesterday, protested against trucks on the Akure-Owo Road, insisting that government must restrict their movement to the night. One of the late student leaders was from FUTA.
The students, after receiving details of how the accident that claimed the lives of their colleagues occurred, trooped to the streets in protest against articulated vehicles on the roads in the state, imploring government to regulate their activities.
- Vanguard News
- Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) Release 201/2011 Admission List
- Federal University of Technology Akure Release 2012/2013 First Batch Admission List
- Federal University of Technology Akure Release 2012/2013 Post UTME Screening Results
- Tai Solarin University News: Student Involved in Motor Accident Dies
- 52 Killed in Multiple Road Accidents …FRSC Blames Crash on Over-Speeding