2013 African Nations Cup Final Round Qualifier Draws: Nigeria to Play Liberia
Nigeria’s Super Eagles will now face their Liberian counterparts, Lone Star in the final round of the 2013 Africa Cup of Nation qualification.
Stephen Keshi’s men were pitched against Liberia after the preliminary draw in Johannesburg on Thursday evening.
The winners of the two-legged clash will qualify for the 2013 Afcon in South Africa.
The Super Eagles will have to travel to Monrovia in Liberia for the first leg on the weekend of September 7 to 9 this year.
Coincidentally, Keshi had earlier this year paraded a home-grown side against their Liberian counterparts in Monrovia and his team won 2-0.
However, the biggest clash of the final round of the 2013 Afcon is between the Elephants of Cote d’Ivoire and Senegal’s Teranga Lions.
The draws for the 2013 Afcon finals will come up on October 26 and by then the 15 other qualifiers will join South Africa.
FINAL ROUND FIXTURES
Mali v Botswana
Zimbabwe v Angola
Ghana v Malawi
Liberia v Nigeria
Zambia v Uganda
Cape Verde v Cameroon
Mozambique v Morocco
Sierra Leone v Tunisia
Guinea v Niger Republic
Sudan v Ethiopia
Libya v Algeria
Cote d’Ivoire v Senegal
DR Congo v Equatorial Guinea
Gabon v Togo
CAR v Burkina Faso
- CAF Release Procedures for 2013 Nations Cup Qualifiers’ Draw
- Super Eagles Fly High in Calabar, Beat Rwanda 2-0 in 2013 Nations Cup Qualifier Clash
- Super Eagles, Liberia Friendly Postponed Due to Fuel Subsidy Strike
- Mikel Obi Says Nigeria Can Win the Nations Cup Next Year
- Falcons Thrash Cameroun 5-1, Qualify for AWC Final