The University of Ibadan invites students who applied for admission to its 2012/2013 post UTME screening examinations. Below are instructions and important information for prospective candidates.
1. The University of Ibadan, Ibadan, hereby requests all candidates who made the University their First and/or Second Choice Most Preferred Institution in the 2012/2013 UTME and scored 200 and above, to submit their biodata and SSCE WAEC/NECO or equivalent certificate results ONLINE directly through http://www.admissions.ui.edu.ng on or before Thursday 14th June, 2012.
2. Candidates who are expecting the release of their 2012 ‘O’ level results CAN participate in the 2012/2013 Admissions Exercise by indicating their “Awaiting Result” status appropriately ONLINE.Such results must be uploaded immediately they are released. SSCE (or equivalent) results released after 31 August, 2012 will not be considered for the 2012/2013 Admissions Exercise.
A (i) Candidates are to pay N2,000.00 into U.I Admission Processing Fee Account (See details below):
UI Admission Processing Fee Account Details:
Mainstreet Bank Plc (Acct. No- 6000085286)
First Bank of Nigeria Plc (Acct. No – 2018156959)
The teller should have full names of the candidate (SURNAME first) as in the UTME result slip preceded by the JAMB Registration number, as the payee.
Name and JAMB Registration Number should be quoted in the depositor’s name at the point of payment (in the Bank). The following format could be adopted:
93145667FE/ABUBAKAR, TAIWO EJIKE
(ii) Consequent upon payment of the Processing fee of N2,000.00 at the banks, candidates are expected to submit their Teller numbers online. This should be done by logging-in on http://www.admissions.ui.edu.ng with the JAMB Registration number and submission of a valid e-mail address.
(iii) Candidates will retrieve username and PIN-number on the same web page, immediately after submission of bank teller details.
(iv) Candidates are then expected to log-in onto http://www.admissions.ui.edu.ng to submit
their biodata and O’level results.
(v)Candidates awaiting O’level results should choose AWAITING RESULT while filling their O’level details.
(vi) Candidates should ensure that the on-line forms are carefully filled, following ALL necessary instructions, as “mistake(s)” may lead to disqualification.
B (i) Please fill the on-line forms in CAPITAL letters only.
(ii) Multiple submissions may lead to disqualification.
(iii) Candidates can return to the portal, up till Thursday 14th June 2012 to edit/complete their previous entries or otherwise review and print their
submissions. Please ensure that you click “FINAL SUBMISSION” before printing. Applicants should note that no further editing CAN be done after final submissions.
(iv) Kindly use functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers to enable the University reach you in the course of the Admission exercise, whenever the
(v) Candidates are expected to upload their passport photographs and signatures. The image format for the passport and signature is JPEG and must not exceed 50kB. The photographs must be on white background showing
both ears, without glasses, cap or headgear.
(vi) An online help desk platform on http://www.admissions.ui.edu.ng/helpdesk will be
available to handle all genuine enquiries.
Names of short listed candidates for the Post-UTME examination will be displayed on the University’s Website on 22nd June 2012. Electronic mails (e-mails) and SMS will be sent to ALL invited candidates.
4. Candidates should please note that it is only when an ‘O’ level result is deficient for a course of choice, that another deficient result may be presented to compliment. Candidates presenting two ‘O’ level results (6 credits at 2 Sittings) should ensure that the comprehensive details of both results
5. The deadline for submission of biodata / ‘O’ level results may not be extended. Any candidate whose data are not submitted within the stipulated time
may not be considered for admission.
6. Misrepresentation/falsification of documents is a serious offence. Candidates are therefore advised to submit genuine documents only.
Anyone found guilty of this offence will be disqualified automatically and may be handed over to the Law Enforcement Agents.
7. Candidates are strongly advised to adhere strictly to the guidelines stipulated above for successful completion of the online submissions.