Tips To Making It Passing the 2012/2013 Post UTME Examinations
Why do students these days find it very difficult to scale both University Matriculation Exams (UME) and the Post UME screening tests administered by the various higher institutions in the country?
Is it that, students no longer read lengthenly anymore or unseriousness has crept in? NO.! The reasons are not far fetched, as I feel so concerned, seeing students preparing and studying as hard as ever for Post Utme examinations and end up not meeting up with the required scores. Though, having crossed the hurdles of Post UTME myself, these tips I hope should be of help to any prospective student in making it pass the screening processes.
1. What is so Vital in a Journey, is the Beginning. Your success in the UTME examination is sometimes vital in doing well in Post UTMEs. Some universities do aggregate the UTME and Post UMTE scores as criteria for admissions, while some do the calculations in percentage. Good for you to have make it pass the UTME excellently.
2. Pre-Post UTME Preparation: This is the stage to really prove your mettle, as your chances of blasting the Post UTME lie with you. Have convenient time for reading, suitable place as well. You tend to concentrate more when these are put in place. Read in a targetted manner making sure you only spend your time reading on areas that are likely to come out in the screening test.
3. Have a Target Score. You ask me why? As a student, you set standards for yourself. Don’t rely on anyone’s effort. Aim high, dont underate yourself but still be realistic because each courses and institutions have their cut-off marks as well. You need to be aware of how it goes in that particular university. And do not restrict yourself to past cut-off marks alone, your chances of being a MERIT student rest on your target.
4. Read Instructions!: This is what has made some students perpetual puppets of Post UTME. You need to get information on what ought and ought not to be done in the examination hall. E.g. If you are to shade a particular box, if you need to keep to time, and so on. Some universities conduct their Post UTME on computer based, some oral form and others written. You are obliged to ask questions where necessary, better still get an experienced fellow to put you through.
6.The bone of contention. This amount to how well you’ve been preparing. Have you been reading WIDELY and not WISELY.? Have you got the necessary past questions of that particular university.? Have you treat them to your satisfaction.? All these questions are to be answered by you, as I expect your reading tips, to hasten your preparations towards the examinations. Some universities focus their Post UTME basically on Mathematics and English Language. While some on current affairs/aptitude test. Some might decide to focus it on the subjects you did in your UTME. So how well have you gone in your preparations.? These I hope should provide answers.
Having done all these, and you are 100% sure that you are ready to face the Post UTME examination I forsee you, an undergraduate in no time.
Best of luck!
- Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) Releases 2012/2013 Post UTME Results
- University of Nigeria (UNN) Nsukka 2012/2013 Post UTME Screening Examination Date and Details
- Federal University of Technology, Akure 2012/2013 Post UTME Exam Details
- Obafemi Awolowo University Post-Utme Candidate Got Pregnant!