Ex-Militants Invade Igbinedion University, Injure Several Students
Several students of Igbinedion University, Okada, Benin City have been left injured as suspected ex-militants invaded the school premises around 5am Sunday morning.
The violence continued till about 4pm.
The armed attackers while shooting sporadically, destroyed school infrastructure, vandalized vehicles and machete students.
An eye witness who spoke to Vanguard said that the violent youths were “destroying cars, macheting people, shooting sporadically and have injured several students while many are feared to have been kidnapped. They have also blocked the main gate of the school so no one can come in or go out”
“There’s a lot of chaos in the school right now and the students are all scared as the militants have gained access into one of the girls hostel”, the source said.
Right now, the tertiary institution is calm.
Reports have it that the violence was the result of a clash between students and ex-militants, who are also students of the school.
Igbinedion University has about 200 repentant militants on admission under the Federal Government amnesty Programme.
- Ebonyi State University Students Go On Protest Over Lack of Water and Power Supply
- Igbinedion University Student Stabs Roomate Over Borrowed Blouse
- University of Abuja Students On Protest Over Suspension of Courses, Block Highway
- Tai Solarin University Students Threaten to Protest Over Conversion of University
- Bomb Scare At Kogi State University