ASSU Rejects MAULAG…. UNILAG Forever!!!
The battle for UNILAG, has taken another dimension, since the renaming of the institution by the president on democracy day.
Latest reports disclose that the ASUU chapter of the University of Lagos, has unveiled a new badge, which bears the inscription UNILAG FOREVER. The badge has been distributed to all staffs and students of the University as they strengthen their efforts against the renaming.
The badge which was distributed by the Chairman of UNILAG ASUU chapter, Dr Oghenekaro Ogbinaka, supported by his compatriots from other universities, which includes;
• the University of Ibadan(Dr Segun Ajiboye)
• the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta(Mr Biodun Badmus)
As well as the National Treasurer of ASUU, Dr Demola Aremu.
The badge according to ASUU is one out of many plans created, to persistently reject the renaming of the institution, after 50 years of existence and Global recognition.
The chairman described the Renaming as a wrong and immoral decision intended to gain cheap popularity, while stressing that, the government would be challenged legally, on all fronts.
The union has gathered the support of eminent lawyers, including Chief Afe Babalola (SAN) and Wole Olanipekun (SAN) to argue its case both at the law court and during the public hearing.
- Prof. Sagay, Others Disagree With Renaming of University of Lagos
- President Jonathan Renames UNILAG to Moshood Abiola University, Students Protest Change of Name
- President Jonathan Seeks Senate Approval for Renaming of UNILAG
- Gowon Blames Jonathan for Renaming UNILAG Without Consulting Widely
- UNILAG 2010/2011 Admission Cutoff Marks Released