Senior Staff Association of Nigeria Universities to Demand Salary Increase by July
Senior Staff Association of Nigeria Universities (SSANU) said it will demand salary increment by July in accordance to an agreement with three university unions signed with Federal Government in 2009 which led to the suspension of a strike.
SSANU, Non Academic Staff Union (NASU) and National Association of Academic Technologists (NAAT) under a Joint Action Committee (JAC) jointly signed the agreement following a nation-wide strike in 2009.
SSANU President Comrade Samson Ugwoke revealed this at its National Executive Council (NEC) meeting held at the University of Ilorin, Kwara State.
Ugwoke stated that Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State brokered the peace that led to the signing of the agreement between the Federal Government Committee led by Gamaliel Onosode and the unions led by their various presidents at that time.
He said part of the agreement stipulated that the agreement would be reviewed every three years.
- Daily Trust
- University Unions to Go on Strike From November 30
- PHCN Workers, FG Agree on 50 % Salary Increase
- FG Will Implement 2009 Agreement With ASUU – Dr. Wale Babalakin
- ASUU Strike Latest: ASUU Demand N106 Billion Allowances
- LASU, LASPOTECH Workers Go On Strike