North West University Kano Gets Temporary Site
Kano State governor, Rabi’u Musa Kwankwaso, has directed the Implementation Committee of the North West University, Kano to use the unoccupied section of the state ICT Park at Ado Bayero House as temporary site of the institution.
Giving the directive when he received the first report of the committee in his office, Governor Kwankwaso said the committee was free to use any public building it desires to speed up the take-off of the institution.
“If you can’t get a place come to government house; I can vacate it for a smaller place”, the governor said, adding that what is important is service to people of the state.
He said an expatriate Vice Chancellor would head the university for two terms on contract, following which an indigenous Vice Chancellor will take over, pointing out that the committee is free to advertise for all academic and non- academic positions in the institution. He thanked the National Universities Commission for granting approval for the take-off of the institution.
Governor Kwankwaso promised that adequate support would be given to the first state University of Science and Technology, Wudil, which he established as well as other tertiary institutions in the state.
- Daily trust
- NUC Endorses New Kano University “Northwest University”
- Police Deactivate Bomb at New Site of Bayero University, Kano
- Dangote Foundation Offers Automatic Employment to First Class Graduates of Kano University
- UNIPORT Vice Chancellor Announce Work-Study Scholarships for West African University Games Champions
- Crescent University Matriculates New Students …Bridges Unity Between North and South