Late UNILAG Vice-Chancellor Prof. Adetokunbo Sofoluwe to be Buried on May 31
THE late Vice-Chancellor, University of Lagos, UNILAG, Akoka, Yaba, Professor Adetokunbo Sofoluwe, will be interred on May 31 at the Vault and Gardens, Ikoyi, Lagos.
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academics and Research), and Chairman of the burial committee, Prof. Babajide Alo, at a briefing on the burial programme, said: “His body will lie-in-state on campus between 8 am and 9 am on May 31, followed by a funeral service by 10 am at All Saints’ Church, Yaba. Interment will hold at the Vault and Gardens, Ikoyi, Lagos, after which a light reception will hold at the Multi-purpose Hall, Main Campus, Akoka.
“There would be services of songs for the deceased on May 29 at the university’s Main Auditorium and lying-in-state at the Multi-purpose Hall on May 30 at 8am; a special Senate session in the Senate Chamber at 12noon, which will be followed by a wake-keep at 5pm at the Multi-purpose hall.”
- Vanguard News
- UNILAG Vice Chancellor Die of Cardiac Arrest at Age 62
- President Jonathan Mourns the Death of UNILAG VC
- Unilag’s Vc, Prof Sofoluwe, is Dead
- Lagos Governor Raji Fashola Mourns Death of UNILAG VC Sofoluwe
- President Jonathan, Academic Community Mourn Late Unilag VC, Shofoluwe