81,565 Students Sat for Unity Schools’ Exams – NECO
OWERRI – A total of 81,565 candidates sat for this year’s National Common Entrance Examination into Federal Government Unity Colleges and Federal Science and Technical Colleges nationwide.
The Registrar, National Examinations Council, NECO, Prof Promise Nwachukwu Okpala, disclosed this weekend, after an unscheduled inspection of some examination centres in Owerri.
He said that Lagos State topped the list with 21,162 registered candidates, followed by Anambra State and Federal Capital Territory with 6,158 and 5,701 respectively.
While saying that Imo State registered only 2,970 candidates for the examination, Prof Okpala however revealed that the Yobe, Kebbi and Borno States kept the rear with 87, 241 and 287 candidates respectively.
- NECO: National Examinations Council, Vows Not to Lower Standards
- FG Allocate N4 Billion to 18 Unity Schools
- Crescent University Matriculates New Students …Bridges Unity Between North and South
- 2011 Nov/Dec West African School Certificate Exams: WAEC Seizes 39,066 Results
- Teachers Not in Tune with Basic Concepts of Teaching – NECO