81,565 Sat for Entrance Examination Into Federal Government Colleges – NECO
A total of 81,565 candidates sat for this year’s National Common Entrance Examination into Federal Government Unity Colleges and Federal Science and Technical Colleges nationwide.
The Registrar, National Examinations Council, NECO, Prof Promise Nwachukwu Okpala, disclosed this weekend, after an unscheduled inspection of some examination centres in Owerri.
He said that Lagos State topped the list with 21,162 registered candidates, followed by Anambra State and Federal Capital Territory with 6,158 and 5,701 respectively.
While saying that Imo State registered only 2,970 candidates for the examination, Prof Okpala however revealed that the Yobe, Kebbi and Borno States kept the rear with 87, 241 and 287 candidates respectively.
- Vanguard News
- 81,565 Students Sat for Unity Schools’ Exams – NECO
- NECO: National Examinations Council, Vows Not to Lower Standards
- Federal Government, WAEC Partner to Fight Exam Malpractices
- Teachers Not in Tune with Basic Concepts of Teaching – NECO
- Lagos State University (LASU) Releases Results of Entrance Examination for Diploma in Physical and Health Education Programme, 2011/2012