2012 Asheshi College and Mastercard Undergraduate University Scholarships
Scholarship Name: Ashesi and MasterCard Foundation University Scholarships
Ashesi University College, Accra, Ghana is offering Up to 40 Undergraduate Scholarships for Students from Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone, and Nigeria for the 2012/2013 academic year
Accepted Subject Areas?
The University currently offers first degree programs in Business Administration, Computer Science and Management Information Systems
Through a $13 million partnership with The MasterCard Foundation in Canada, Ashesi University College will be awarding significant financial support to qualified students who need such assistance.
Through the grant from the MasterCard Foundation, over the next five years, Ashesi University will offer full scholarships to smart underprivileged students who wish to pursue their undergraduate education at Ashesi University College Ghana. Half of these scholarships will be awarded to non-Ghanaians.
Scholarship Offered Since: 2012
Scholarship Type: Full Undergraduate Scholarships
By what Criteria is Selection Made?
Admission into Ashesi is a selective process which is based in part on the evaluation of information submitted during the application process. As part of the application process, applicants must submit the following information:
- Completed Ashesi Admission Application Form (see instructions below).
- High School Transcript if you graduated in 2011 or earlier.
- At least one of the following original exam results: Aggregate 24 or better (SSCE) or aggregate 36 or better (WASSCE); IGCSE/GCE 0-Level and three A-Level passes or equivalent scores; International Baccalaureate (IB) examination scores; equivalent approved exam results. Passing grades in Math and English are required. *Applicants expecting their WASSCE results in August should write out their index numbers at the top left corner of the Application form.
International students for whom English is a second language must demonstrate English language proficiency by submitting TOEFL examination scores.
Who is qualified to apply?
The scholarships are only available to students whose families are able to demonstrate financial need and who are doing well in their subjects.
Scholarship recipients typically achieve As and Bs on their transcripts and on national exam results.
Smart underprivileged students who wish to pursue their undergraduate education at Ashesi University located in Ghana.
No postgraduate studies are offered at this time.
How Many Scholarship Positions are available? Forty (40) full tuition scholarships
What are the benefits?
Students who win scholarships will be eligible for full or partial financial support to cover their tuition fees, text books, housing, and meals. In addition, 40 scholarship recipients will receive laptops each year.
All scholarship recipients will also receive priority for a campus job to help meet their financial need. Students will typically work 10 hours or less each week and use the income earned for personal expenses. Students who do not receive scholarships are still eligible for admission and for campus job opportunities.
How long will sponsorship last?
For the duration of the undergraduate degree programme
Eligible African Countries
For now, Ashesi has decided to focus international student recruiting to Liberia, Sierra Leone, and Nigeria.
To be taken at (country): Ashesi University College, Accra, Ghana
What time of year does Application Close?
Admission is open for the 2012/2013 academic year until August 2012
Offered annually? Yes
How can I Apply?
To apply to study at Ashesi University, follow the steps below:
Deliver the completed forms in person, or by mail to:
Ashesi University College,
PMB CT 3, Cantonments,
- Nigeria Merit Undergraduate Scholarships for Nigerian Students, University of Sheffield, UK 2012
- Undergraduate Scholarships for Nigerian Law Students at University of London
- 2012 Scholarships for African and Nigerian Students: Loughborough University Africa Scholarships
- University of Sheffield Scholarships for students from Nigeria
- Leventis Foundation 2011/2012 Scholarships for Nigerians