University of Abuja Students On Protest Over Suspension of Courses, Block Highway
Students of the University of Abuja stormed the streets on Wednesday to protest the suspension of four courses in the university.
The students decided to return to their campus only after a military officer pleaded with them to stand down. The protesting students blocked the entrance to the university and a major high way leading into Abuja to state their demands.
The suspension of the four courses stemmed from the report submitted by a government visitation panel to the University of Abuja and the courses non-accreditation by the National Universities Commission (NUC); this development was announced by the Minister of Education, Professor Ruqayyatu Rufa’i.
- Education Minister Suspends 4 Courses in University of Abuja
- Tai Solarin University Students Threaten to Protest Over Conversion of University
- Ogun State Govt Scraps Tai Solarin University, Merges 4 ICT Institutions as Students Protest
- Kogi Governorship Elections: Women Block Lokoja-Abuja Expressway in Protest
- Crescent University Matriculates New Students …Bridges Unity Between North and South