5 Ways to Ensure You Don’t Lack Money as a Student
Being a student almost is always associated with being broke. Can you remember how many times you were broke? It is the same story for most students. If your parents or guardians are not rich chances are that you will run out of cash from time to time.
We look at simple ways you can start to make your bank account last a little longer and become a little fatter.
1. Create a Timetable: If you are going to make some money on the side as a student you will have to plan your daily activities. Know when you are free from academic work, what you can sacrifice to make some money on the side. Remember it doesn’t sound wise to abandon your studies to make some little cash. Try to create a balance.
When you knoe the amount of extra time you have then you will be in a better posistion to know the type of money making venture to go into.
2. Determine How Much You Wish to Make: While in school I repeatedly tried to reduce my spending and restrict myself to sepnding a particluar amount of money per month. It was very difficult but you have to determine the maximum amount of money that will make you comfortable when you have it every month. You may be content with N20,000 monthly or N15,000 as the case may be. Having a target of what extra amount of money you need will help you in two ways;
- you will know that any excess you make above that amount should go into your savings account for the future.
- you will have an idea of the amount of energy or time to devote to the work.
3. Look Inwards: To get an idea for little money making on the side you don’t need to look too far away. What skills or talents do you have? A cousin of mine was always broke in school until he used his art and drawing skills to begin to create beautiful portraits for his fellow students. His fees ranged from 5,000 to 8,000. Suddenly every month, according to him, while his colleagues went to the bank to withdraw money sent to them from home he went in to deposit the income he made.
Personally I was smart while in school and when I teamed up with one other intelligent guy we started a tutorial class. I began to see some money, more than enough for my immediate needs then. I even made enough money to contest in the Student union elections.
One catch here is that no matter how much you begin to make from your talent don’t let your academics suffer.
4. Look Around: Apart from looking at your skills and talents you can make real money as a student if you can look around the school community and determine opportunities that you can tap into. A student makes cool income monthly running a small bookshop on campus when he discovers that there is no place for students to get hold of good books on business, motivation, career etc. He can also include rare and interesting magazines that students can hire for a token (they get their ID cards back when they return the magazines).
Students have made money from providing means of entertainment for their fellow students in the form of viewing centres, gaming centres etc
5. Look Towards the Internet: Yes, it is becoming a very important aspect of our lives.There are now several ways to benefit from the wonder of the internet.
You can choose to be a blogger and make money from writing on any particular area and monetising your blog through adverts.
You can even become a student reporter/contributor for infomister and start making some income after two months.
You can become an affiliate marketer and make money by helping people sell their products online for a commission.
You can use your technical skills (graphics design, web design etc) online to help business owners design stuff for their business and make some income on the side.
The opportunities on the internet require research on your part and then discpline to stick to one means till you begin to make reasonable income from it.
- Alternative Ways to Make Money From Your Blog
- 3 Ways To Overcome the Challenge of Lack of Job Experience
- NANS, UNILAG Management Meet Over Suspension of Student Unionism
- Industrial Training Student Job at Pejas Solutions Limited: Website Administrator
- Student Industrial Training Job Vacancy at Pejas Solutions Limited: Site Administrator