20 Students of Ekiti State University Caught With Fake Examination Papers
No fewer than 20 part- time students of Ekiti State University, EKSU, were, Friday, caught with with fake examination clearance papers during the ongoing first semester examination.
The development led to the suspension of the examination on the ground of alleged failure of the students to.pay their school fees.
According to the Director of Part-Time Programme, Professor Edward Ogunleye, the alleged culprits were caught during the screening of students who have paid their fees.
In a desperate bid to partake in the examination, some students forged exam permits which they smuggled to the hall.
Having found out that a lot of the students were yet to pay their fees, the management of the university decided to stop those who were yet to pay their fees from sitting for the exam.
This led to a violent protest by the students and the destruction of some property by the part-time students. Subsequently, the examination has been suspended indefinitely by the school authorities to prevent breaking down of laws and order.
- Vanguard News
- Zamfara State Government Sponsors 70 Students in Islamic University
- Enugu State University Expels 544 Students over Illegal Admission
- Ogun State Govt Scraps Tai Solarin University, Merges 4 ICT Institutions as Students Protest
- Ebonyi State University Students Go On Protest Over Lack of Water and Power Supply
- Nasarawa State University Seeks FG’s Help