Nigerian Launches Online University for Africans
Worried by the gap in Africa’s educational system, Nigerian entrepreneur, Gossy Ukanwoke, is set to launch Beni American University, an online university specifically for African students.
Nicknamed Nigeria’s Mark Zuckerberg and at only 23, Ukanwoke is the founder of Students Circle Network, an academic social network for college and high school students with interests in providing free course resources/materials, live faculty/teacher/lecturer help to students, scholarship offers, study groups and many more students services across the globe for free.
In hopes of filling the gap in the educational systems in Africa, Ukanwoke says Beni American University would bring quality education to African students and adults who want to gain a post- secondary diploma or degree.
“Due to infrastructure limitations, Africans who want to attend universities often cannot. But with this online institution, it doesn’t require them going to a physical location where they are often overcrowded, thus limiting the number of people who can attend.
- Nigeria Merit Undergraduate Scholarships for Nigerian Students, University of Sheffield, UK 2012
- 2012 Newcastle University Scholarship for Nigerian Postgraduate Students
- 2012 Scholarships for African and Nigerian Students: Loughborough University Africa Scholarships
- Scholarship Opportunities in Nigeria: 2012 Australian Development Scholarships for Nigerian Students
- Tai Solarin University Students Threaten to Protest Over Conversion of University