2000 Students Benefit From Rivers State Special Overseas Scholarship Programme
Over 2,000 Rivers and non-Rivers indigenes have so far benefited from the Governor Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi Special Overseas scholarship programme, a scheme designed to boost human capital development in Rivers State and the country.
This was disclosed recently, at the maiden “Dissecting The Amaechi Administration” media briefing series in Government House, Port Harcourt where the Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer of the Rivers State Sustainable Development Agency (RSSDA), Mr Nobel Pepple spoke for the Governor on the activities of the agency, which was created by the Amaechi administration.
“In the area of human capital development, we have done a lot to ensure we deliver on the Governor Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi’s special overseas scholarship programme…. Basically, the programme is the Governor’s vision for delivering more and quality human capital development for the state, and what we have tried to do through that programme is place some of our young men and women, some of the brightest we have in the state in some of the best schools overseas. Currently, we have over 2000 of such students who have benefitted.
- Delta Students get N637.9m Scholarship by the State Government
- Governor Amaechi: We’ve Provided Standard Quality Roads in Rivers
- PTDF 2012 Overseas Scholarship Scheme (OSS)
- 2011/2012 AGBAMI Special Medical and Engineering Professional Scholarship Programme
- PTDF 2011 Overseas Scholarship Scheme for B.Sc, M.Sc and Ph.D