Students Commend Gov. Rochas on Free Education Policy
The National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) has commended the Governor of Imo State Owelle Rochas Okorocha for deciding to offer free education to every indigene of the state.
A press statement signed by the National President of the association, Com. Dauda Mohammed, said the step taken by Okorocha will go a long way in tackling the rising wave of violence and youth restiveness in the country.
According to him, the decision would build more confidence between the people and the state government.
“We hereby wish to use this medium to challenge other states of the federation to emulate the brilliant step taken by Governor Okorocha as a way of truly investing into the future of our country which we believe will only be achievable on the basis of the development of our educational sector,” Dauda said.
He particularly called on the Lagos State Governor, Barr. Raji Fashola and Ogun State Governor, Ibikunle Amosun to have a rethink on their recent policies on education especially as it affects the increment in fees payable at the Lagos State University and the recent scrapping of some tertiary institutions in Ogun state.
He said the association is determined join hands with every well meaning individuals and groups to ensure that every anti student’s policy of any government is vehemently opposed.
- Imo Governor Declares Free Tertiary Education for Indigenes, Announces Students Loan Scheme
- Ogun State Govt Scraps Tai Solarin University, Merges 4 ICT Institutions as Students Protest
- Tai Solarin University Students Threaten to Protest Over Conversion of University
- NANS Stage Protest in Fashola’s Office Over LASU School Fees
- Crescent University Matriculates New Students …Bridges Unity Between North and South