Presidency Orders Chevron to Provide Electricity to Delta Oil Communities
WARRI—THE Presidency has ordered Chevron Nigeria Limited to provide stable and sustainable power supply from the Escravos Tank Farm to oil-rich Ugborodo and Gbaramatu communities in Warri South West Local Government Area of Delta State as part of its corporate social responsibility.
The directive was given in Abuja, after a marathon meeting with stakeholders at the Presidency. The meeting was presided over by Vice-President Namandi Sambo.
Present at the meeting were Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan and some Gbaramatu youth leaders as well as representatives of Chevron.
The Ijaw/Itsekiri youth leadership also agreed that with this, work on the multi-million naira Escravos –Gas –pipeline project being executed by Fenog Nigeria Limited, which was stopped by the aggrieved communities would resume immediately.
Vanguard gathered that Chevron has over 90 megawatts of power out of which only 40 megawatts is currently in use and the balance is kept in reserve while all her immediate host communities of Ugborodo and Gbaramatu communities wallow in darkness.
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Releases 2010/2011 NNPC/Chevron Scholarships Award
- Nigeria to introduce Electricity pricing regime in November
- Presidency to Spend N280 Million on 2 Bullet Proof Cars in 2012
- ACN Promises to Provide 30 Million Jobs
- Wyclef Jean Set to Run for Haiti Presidency