INEC Declares PDP Governorship Candidate, Seriacke Dickson Winner in Bayelsa Governorship Elections
Bayelsa State Returning Officer, Prof Joseph Ajienka, Sunday, declared the Peoples Democratic Party governorship candidate, Seriake Dickson as winner of the state governorship election.
Announcing the result, Prof Ajienka,Vice Chancellor, University of Port Harcourt said the PDP candidate polled a total of 417,500 votes.
His closest rival, Famous Daunemigha of the CPC, came a distant second with 23,548 votes, followed by the CAP candidate, Dr. Imoro Kubor who scored 22,534 votes while Kemela Okara of the ACN polled 9,627 votes.
Accordingly the state returning officer declared Seriake Dickson of the PDP as the winner of the poll having satisfied the requirement of the law by scoring the highest number of votes.
“Seriake Dickson, Having satisfied the requirement of the law by scoring the highest number of votes is hereby declared the winner of the governorship election in Bayelsa State and returned elected,” he said.
- INEC Restores Dickson as PDP Flagbearer in Candidates List of Bayelsa 2012 Governorship Election
- Result of Kogi Governorship Elections: PDP’s Captain Idris Wada Declared Winner
- Bayelsa Governorship Elections: MPPP’s Withdrawal Clears Last Hurdle
- Nyako Declared Winner of the Adamawa Governorship Elections
- INEC Declare Uduaghan Winner of Delta Rerun Polls