Imo Governor Declares Free Tertiary Education for Indigenes, Announces Students Loan Scheme
Imo state Governor, Rochas Owelle Okorocha has announced free tertiary education for Imo state indigenes
Announcing this, Governor Rochas said the students will be entitled to a scholarship worth N100,000 every year, of which 70,000 will be the bursary for the school fee and 30,000 as loan/grant from the state saying that no collateral would be attached to the loan.
For those at OND level in the state polytechnics, they will get N60,000, broken down into N40,000 free and N20,000 loan. Those at HND level will get N80,000, broken down into N60,000 free and N20,000 loan.
The sum will be paid from the next academic session.
A summary of the conditions for the scholarship in Imo State are as follows;
1) The student’s Father must be from Imo or both parents must be from Imo.
2) He/She must be attending Imo state owned schools
3) He/She must be certified by the traditional ruler of his place, by local liaison officer of his community that he/she is truly from that community in Imo state.
4) For Imo university student of Imo state, each will get 100,000 per school year, out of which 70,000 will be the bursary for the school fee and 30,000 as loan/grant from the state.
5) After graduation and the graduate start working, only once he/she start working, then the graduate can pay the 30,000 grant to Imo state coffers, if he can only remember what help he received.
The governor has strictly warned that any student involved in any form of criminal activities will forfeit the educational assistance offered by the government.
- Skye Bank Graduate Employment Scheme
- Ambrose Alli University Lecturer Held Hostage by Students Over Sex
- UK Witness Student Protest Against Cuts in Education Budget
- Obinna Nsofor Join West Ham on Loan
- Professor Ruquayyatu lauds Katsina Government for Emphasis on Education