Delta Students get N637.9m Scholarship by the State Government
UGHELLLI – Delta State Government has approved the payment of N637,933,644.52 for the 2010/2011 Students’ Special Assistance Scheme, SSAS.
Chairman of the State Bursary and Scholarship Board, MSGR, Buchi Aninye, who made this known in an interview with newsmen, Tuesday, said payment to students would commence this week.
Aninye said the state government was committed to the welfare of its indigenous students in tertiary institutions across the country, hence the payment of the SSAS.
Apart from the SSAS, Aninye said the board also has other schemes like, Bursary for Law Students in Nigeria Law School; Local scholarships to student studying in Nigeria universities from undergraduate categories to Ph.D level; Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship; Scholarship to Recipients of First Class Honours to Ph.D level; Scholarship to Children of Deceased Civil Servants & Physically-Challenged Students, among others.
He said: “Our responsibilities are to formulate and implement policies as they pertain to scholarship and SSAS; maintain an up to date database on the actual number of students from the state in tertiary institutions in the country and overseas.
“We also monitor, from time to time, the progress of all beneficiaries of SSAS as well as other matters relating to the selection of suitable candidates to whom SSAS or scholarship may be granted.”
- Zamfara State Government Sponsors 70 Students in Islamic University
- 2012 Newcastle University Scholarship for Nigerian Postgraduate Students
- Students Protests Paralyse Activities in Osogbo
- 2012 Japanese Government Scholarships for International Students
- Scholarship Opportunities in Nigeria: 2012 Australian Development Scholarships for Nigerian Students