Kano Boko Haram Attacks: 50 Bodies Given Mass Burial
All unclaimed dead bodies recovered from last Friday’s deadly attacks in Kano will be given a mass burial.
Most of the bodies are said to be decomposing at the Murtala Muhammed Hospital in the city.
Paramedics attached to the Murtala Muhammed Hospital who spoke anonymously said that over 50 bodies have so far been buried in a mass grave in Kalebewa village along Dambatta Way. They were buried yesterday.
It was learnt that the state government may have provided a land for the mass burial of the dead bodies.
Sources privy to the arrangement said on Tuesday that more corpses have been removed from the hospital’s mortuary for the burial site.
No hospital management personnel were willing to comment formally on the development as all efforts by our correspondent to get comments on record failed.
- Suspected Boko Haram Gunmen Attack Military School Near Kano, Kill Four
- Aftermath of Kano Attacks: Police Kill Four Boko Haram Members
- Deadly Boko Haram Shootings and Bombings in Kano Kill Over 200
- Boko Haram: Kano Police Discover and Raid Bomb Factory
- Boko Haram Attacks: United States Promise to Modernise Nigeria’s Security