Airports, Banks, Seaports, Hospitals to Shut Down on Monday as Labour Affiliates Join in Indefinite Strike Action Against #FuelSubsidy
The Air Transport Services Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (ATSSAN), the Nation Union of Air Transport Employee (NUATE) the National Association of Aircraft Pilots and Engineer (NAAPE) have notified their members to withdraw their services at midnight on Sunday.
The air transportation unions are affiliates of the National Labour Congress and have naturally aligned with the demands of the apex labour union body.
Also the Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN) has stated that the government’s primary source of revenue will be paralyzed on Monday as upstream and downstream operations will be affected including the shutting down of crude oil export terminals.
Finally, the Association of Senior Staff of Banks, Insurance and Financial Institutions (ASSBIFI) has called on all senior bank management staff to shut down bank branches across the country in solidarity with the planned Labour Action commencing on Monday.
Other notable affiliates of the apex labour body that will embark on the strike action are Maritime Workers Union of Nigeria, Medical and Health Workers Union of Nigeria, Nigeria Civil Service Union, National Union of Road Transport Workers, Nigeria Union of Teachers.
The full list can be seen here
- (#OccupyNigeria) Aviation Workers Join Labour Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal, to Shut Airports on Monday
- PCHN Workers Threaten Strike Action, Gives FG 14 Day Ultimatum
- CNPP Backs Labour Congress Strike Slated for Monday
- Indefinite Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: Labour Warns Nigerians to Stockpile Food
- ASUU Strike News: Minister of Labour Assures Students Over Quick Resolution of Strike Action