Cross River State Government Sues Rick Ross Over Breach of Contract
Rick Ross has found himself on the wrong side of the Nigerian government after abruptly canceling a performance at one of the country’s biggest music festivals.
The state of Cross River, Nigeria has hired American lawyers to sue the Miami rapper after he failed to appear at a December 28 performance for the annual Calabar Carnival. A statement released by the Cross River government says that Ross had already collected the entire fee for the performance before unexpectedly canceling.
“The performer’s cancellation is unexpected and the reasons are unknown to Cross River State since he has confirmed receipt of his entire performance fee many weeks ago,” the statement reads.
In his own statement issues to Allhiphop.com, Ross blamed the cancellation on “contractual obligations.” Cross River State is seeking damages and the return of Ross’s performer’s fee.
- Ogun State Government Sack 2,000 Workers
- Bomb Explodes at Delta Government House
- Dokpesi Sues SSS over Bomb Arrest
- Five Persons Trapped as Lagos Government Building Collapses
- ASUU Strike Latest News: Students Lament Effects of Strike Action