The Joint Security Information Managers (JSIM) has arrested 13 suspected Boko Haram sect members in connection with the November 4 bombing at Maiduguri in Borno and Damaturu in Yobe, Commodore Kabiru Aliyu has announced.
Aliyu, the Navy Director of Information, said the suspects were being detained at a military facility.
He said that no soldier died when the sect attacked the headquarters of the JTF in Maiduguri contrary to reports that two soldiers were killed, adding that only three suicide bombers died in the incident.
“All the suicide bombers died in the failed attempt,” he said. “In Damaturu, those responsible, 13 of them, have been arrested and are currently being held in a detention facility within the country.”
Aliyu said that efforts by the JTF to mop up arms, ammunition and explosive devices in Maiduguri and other cities in the area were yielding positive results.
He said that media reports on the state of security in Borno and Yobe States were not true reflections of the situation, saying that normalcy had returned to both places with business activities picking up.
Aliyu commended the people of Borno for their resilience, in spite of repeated Boko Haram attacks, adding that there had been remarkable improvement in the passage of information by members of the public to the security agencies.
He said that with the collaboration of the people, a lot would be achieved in the effort to address the security challenges in the area and enthrone sustainable peace.