Nigeria now No 1 in Africa on Mobile Usage
Nigeria now ranks as the fifth-largest country in the world and number one in Africa for Opera Mini browser usage, surpassing other technology-savvy countries like China, the United States and Brazil, the company has said in a press release.
The report, which revealed the top four sites for Nigerian mobile surfers to be Facebook, Google, Yahoo!, and the BBC, also shows that Nigerians now engage in more data services with 90 percent of mobile surfing done using Opera Mini.
The company say the flexibility of the mobile browser, adapting to more than 3,000 different mobile-phone models, from basic feature phones to the latest smartphones has also accounted for the surge in the mobile web users, which is responsible for the 73 percent of all mobile web users in Africa.
- MTN to Invest $1 Billion in Nigeria Mobile Phone Market
- Coca-Cola to Increase Mobile Advertising
- Facebook, Google in War Over Users Data
- Super Falcons to Face South Africa in African Women Championships
- Application Details for 2011 Big Brother Africa